Dose Anyone know the best way to remove the factory stickers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dose Anyone know the best way to remove the factory stickers

I'm haveing the toughest time removing the factory stickers on my 96 seadoo XP. I bought a can of label sticker remover but it only seems to work on the glue once you peel some of the sticker off. which is the problem I'm haveing as soon as I get a good peice of the sticker up and start to pull it off it breaks and the stuff I bought won't penitrate the sticker itself. What can I use to get them off easyier without haveing to use a razor blade or even hurting the ski's gel coat or paint? :emoticont

Re: Dose Anyone know the best way to remove the factory stickers

Heat, hairdryer works pretty good.

Comment

If its over 4 or 5 years old good luck. Heat will help but the sun and atmosphere will make the stickers brittle and they will tear.

Comment

I use a heat gun.That worked real well for getting the stickers off. Once the stickers are off use the remover to get the leftover glue off the hull. Just be carefull if you use a heat gun not to get the hull too hot ,it will bubble the paint . :emoticonb
        Schultztec

Comment

Heat,heat and more heat the entire time you are gently pulling the sticker off. Works everytime.
          WATERCRAFT SERVICES. PROVIDING THE RESIDENTS OF HOUSTON AND SURROUNDING AREAS WITH QUALITY WORK ON THEIR PWC AT A FAIR PRICE.

Comment

I use a high quality 2 inch clear box tape, a heat gun and a flat razor blade.

Clean the decals to remove any grease or wax first, then, the tape will stick to the decal better and keep it from "breaking away". The heat gun will soften the adhesive and the razor gets under the decal to get you started.

This also works great when changing the registration decals every year.

Comment

I find that a heat gun works well.

Comment

I use a decal wheel (3M Decal Wheel) that you can get at most home improvement stores.. Just put it on the end of your drill and the stickers come right off (in 1000's of peices). You can get different size wheels if you have a lot of stickers or a large one to do.
                Dan Solie -
                04 RXP (the "Instigator")
                94 xp (freestyle mods)
                95 xp (faster than the 94)
                JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

Jack up the gas cap and park an RXP under it.
                  Bill O'Neal <br>
                  WCM
                  <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

AV gas bubbles those suckers right up.

That and Havasu 116* heat. I found out unwillingly :(
                    Being ignorant, is not so much ashame as being unwilling to learn. Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Really... Havasu heat and race gas huh? Well, I guess I will be repainting my boat after world finals afterall then lol.
                      Dan Solie -
                      04 RXP (the "Instigator")
                      94 xp (freestyle mods)
                      95 xp (faster than the 94)
                      JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

Originally posted by Bill O'Neal2
                        Jack up the gas cap and park an RXP under it.
                        Very funny I wish!! have a good one Bill.

Comment

Thank you to everyone who replyed the hairdryer did the trick!:emoticont

Comment

Working...
                          X