Clear All

Re: why is my ski bogging?

Bring the whole ski.
    Bill O'Neal <br>
    WCM
    <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

You may have cracked fuel lines inside your gas tank causing too much air getting added to the gas.

This just happened to me a few weeks ago. I have a 96 Tigershark but I feel they are all about the same inside the tank. Last time out riding my ski was bogging down at about 1/2 to 2/3 throttle. I tried adjusting the carb. didn't help and I noticed on reserve I didn't get gas at all! Bought one of them flexible claw pick-up tools cost about $2.00 or less.
      (Note: must be claw type, NOT Magnetic ) I put the pick-up tool inside my gas filler hole and out came the reserve hose. Then I took out the "main" in tank fuel line & hose was cracked up top by hose clamp.

Comment

i dont see how that has anythign to do w/ it.

Comment

You said: dont see how that has anythign to do w/ it.

Think about it, the Carb is made to suck in fuel - RIGHT?
          If there is a crack in your gas line it sucks in extra air with the fuel, the extra air makes the carb adjusting screws not work. Your ski is 10 years old, nothing lasts forever. Have you checked the gas lines inside your tank?

Have your dealer put on a in tank, gas line crack adjustment valve. The valve will bend the gas line (at crack point) insuring a pure, gas only - hose fit. I think the valve costs about $325.00 it's a hi-tech electronic device for people too lazy or unwilling to learn how to fix things themself. hehehe.

If you want to spend the time checking them yourself (about 1/2 hour)
          reply back

Comment

I have the same problem too...I clean the Carb internal filter still the same,maybe I should try re-align again the RV.
            :emoticonb

Comment

if it was running well w/ the same setting of rotary valve than it's not the problem, this problem only occurs from idle to low end. after the high speed mixture kicks in, it runs like a champ.

there is something going on w/ the low speed side of the carbs. i dont know what it is.

Comment

Working...
              X