951 compression range

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 951 compression range

I have a 951 SBT motor in my 98 gsx ltd. I have put about 16 hours on the motor and it has started bogging down around 4000 to 5000 rpm's. I have replaced the spark plugs, Cleaned the fuel filter and am just about to rebuild the carbs. Today I have done acompression test and have found my compression at 125 psi front and 132 rear (PTO). Itested it with 2 guages both were within 1 psi) This was done near sea level. Is this within SBT's range? or could I have another promlem?

Thanks

Re: 951 compression range

No, that engine already has damage, please call in to warranty for a replacement. What caused the original engine to fail, and what repairs were made?
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Re: 951 compression range

Original problem was water ingestion. I think it came from a bad water regulator that was spraying water all over the engine compartment. We replaced the water regulator when we put in the new engine. during break in maybe with 8 hours on the ski it siezed up again. This time the bearings in the pump seized up. The motor seemed OK to the dealer? So we rebuilt the pump. It ran fine 2 or 3 hours and then recently we were having problems with the ski bogging down at 4000 rpm's it runs fine out of water. I have ordered carb rebuild kit from SBT but it has not arrived yet.

Comment

Working...
      X