95 xp Bog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 95 xp Bog

I have a 95xp that has a low end Bog. I have had the boat in 3 different shops and no one seems to fix it. The bog is not there when the plugs are brand new.
    After running the boat for a while the bog comes back. The plugs still look good.
    The boat stumbles at about 4000 rpm. With feathering of the throttle the boat will clean out and take off. Another work around is to shut off the fuel using the selector and when it clears up turn the fuel back on. Once it's cleaned out the boat runs 63 mph or so. I wouldn't think there is any major issue. Carbs were supposedly rebuilt by each of the shops but that may not be true. Any ideas?
    List of Mods:
    Rad Flywheel
    Factory Pipe with after market muffler
    Rejetted carbs with Vortex air cleaners
    Scat Track Prop
    True Welded Crank
    Bored .010 over
    Aquavane intake grate
    Pump Gas milled head (I run 93 octane in it)
    Off Shore rotary valve
    R&D Nozzle and pump end

Re: 95 xp Bog

Souns like the carbs were not set up correctly. First off were new needle and seats installed? Sounds like it is loading up if you have to turn the fuel off and back on to clear it up. Make sure the jetting is correct also and your pop off pressure is where it needs to be. If these shops are not familiar with your aftermarket performance setup (which alot of them are not) then find someone who knows how to set it up correctly.
    WATERCRAFT SERVICES. PROVIDING THE RESIDENTS OF HOUSTON AND SURROUNDING AREAS WITH QUALITY WORK ON THEIR PWC AT A FAIR PRICE.

Comment

95 XP. 720 or 787 engine???

Try messing around with different pop off pressures, if your jetting is not too rich.

If it is a 720, regap the sparkplugs to around .019 and make sure you have great connections at the sparkplug boots.
      Bill O'Neal <br>
      WCM
      <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Went to the lake today and found that one sparkplug wire was not as hot as it should have been. Trimmed both wires back and replaced boots. Spark got a lot better. Took the boat out initially while the engine was cool. Ran awesome. After about 15 min or so it started to bog again. The longer I rode it the worse it got. Adjusted the carbs all over the place with no resolution to the bog although it does change how the boat runs indicating that the carbs can be adjusted.

Let the boat cool down and tried it again bog was there but not as bad. As it got hotter the bog got worse. I am leaning toward eletrical resistance in the stator, pickup coils, or flywheel magnets. Something effected by heat.

Comment

It's a 720

Comment

same problem, except tha tbog is on the trailor and everytime on the water. hard to start as well.

Comment

Radio, you had other issues....
              Bill O'Neal <br>
              WCM
              <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

bill, did you find out what it was? when can i expect to pick it up? and how are things going?

Comment

Working...
                X