97 GTI Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 97 GTI Problem

My Ski {97 GTI} runs great for the first 10min of riding but when I slow down to Idle and go to take Off agian the RPM's go to about half throttle and wont go any higher if I stop and turn off the ski and let it set for five minutes it goes great again. the motor doesnt die and it doesnt run bad . I just rebuilt the carb but the prob exsisted before that. Any Ideas ?

Re: 97 GTI Problem

Have you cleaned the internal fuel filter in the carb and blown through the on and reserve switch to see if they are clogged up?
    Bill O'Neal <br>
    WCM
    <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Re: 97 GTI Problem

Hi, All the filters were changed when I rebuilt the carb and if you mean the on,off,reserve, selector I have blown thru it and it seems clear. a poster from another site said it could be a rectifier getting hot or going bad. What do you think? The shops around here are a joke. I talked to the dealer and they just want to change parts untill they stumble across the problem and of course it will be at my exspence. I have changed the hoses from the tank to the filter to the carb and back
      Last edited by seaDoo4me; 08-08-2005, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X