severe flooding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• severe flooding

i have a 96 spx with a new sbt motor. i rebuilt the carbs two weeks ago it started and ran ok. went to the lake and the starter was gone.i put a new starter on and now it wont start and gas is pouring out the exaust.whats up?

Re: severe flooding

When you rebuilt the carbs did you install new needle and seats? If not then they are probably bad and seeping fuel into the motor. Was your pop off psi correct. Stock springs? When a motor floods like this its usually a bad needle and seat.
    WATERCRAFT SERVICES. PROVIDING THE RESIDENTS OF HOUSTON AND SURROUNDING AREAS WITH QUALITY WORK ON THEIR PWC AT A FAIR PRICE.

Comment

no . why doesn't the rebuild kit come with springs and needles? you would think that is the most important parts to replace.

Comment

for example. when you buy a sbn carb kit ther are like 4 different size needle and seat combinations. at about 20 bucks a pop. also available is a throttle shaft rebuild kit. about 40 bucks. alot of times i go to the local doo are yomaha dealer and just buy metering diaphrams. because thats all i need,for 20 bucks. i dont want to buy all the rest of that stuff. as the mechanic you buy what you need or want. same as the mechanic who is working on your car. hope this helps out a bit.

Comment

i got the rebuild kit from sbt when i ordered the motor it had springs but no needle or seats. it had a lot seals and gaskets/parts that didnt look like they went to the carbs on my bike.

Comment

Kits (even Mikuni) do not come with N&S because they are not typically bad when the rest of the parts are. They only need to be replaced when they are bad - and you need to CHECK them as part of a proper rebuild. We have many tech articles and videos showing all of this.
            SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
            We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
            Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
            X