Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

95 sea doo questions! Lanyard, mpem, etc!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 95 sea doo questions! Lanyard, mpem, etc!

First, I would like to know if anyone knows if a 95 xp lanyard needs to be Programmed?
    because, when I push the start button nothing happens! No click or anything-dead! I thought it might be the Coil, nope! Now I think it is the Mpem??????
    Before I spend the Money on it (about $340!) I would like to know if I sould get a new mpem or starter soilnoid?
    Please let me know because I am losing my season up here in ALaska!
    Thanks!

Re: 95 sea doo questions! Lanyard, mpem, etc!

From what you described, I'd guess, in this order, ground cable from the battery is broken, solenoid or starter motor.

The only 1995 model that needs a tether programmed is the 787 XP Limited. It has the DESS that became standard on all 1996 and later models.
    Bill O'Neal <br>
    WCM
    <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Re: 95 sea doo questions! mpem,starter soilnoid

Thanks for the reply!
      I tried Arching the soilinoid and it tries to start, but I can't get a spark from the plugs and it won't fire! AArghh!
      What do you think? New starter soilnoid? Hopefully it's not the mpem!
      Thanks a million for the advice!

Comment

Well, yes the solenoid needs replacing to get the starter motor working. But, no spark ? Did you have the tether on the post?
        Bill O'Neal <br>
        WCM

Comment

Yes I had the tether on the post and a new battery too! But still could not get it to fire!

Comment

Do ya think it might have something to do with the brain mpem?

Comment

Did you ground a sparkplug to the head and watch for spark ( in a shaded area) ? If you see no spark or weak spark, try clipping the sparkplug wires for a new connection.
              Bill O'Neal <br>
              WCM

Comment

Yup, I did that! I pretty sure it was grounded correctly. and I did clip the wires for a new end too.

HMMMMM?

Comment

Have you replaced the solenoid yet?
                  Bill O'Neal <br>
                  WCM

Comment

Hey!

I just ordered the solenoid and will get back with you when I get it!

P.s. It's called a starter relay also, right?

Comment

Yes, Sea Doo calls it a "starter relay" in their parts manuals. Most know it as a solenoid. It is nothing more than a big switch.........
                      Bill O'Neal <br>
                      WCM

Comment

I got one and in stalled it however I still can't get my plugs to spark! I hooked up the wires that it was hooked up loke the old solenoid. the directions were kind of confusing! Do you have any ideas or should I go to a dealer and see if I hooked it up right? The starter switch still does not work but, my starter works when arked
                        So nothing from the start switch to the starter and no spark!

HHHMMMMMMMMMMMMM
                        Thanks for your reply!

Comment

I don't know if yours has vts. Mine did the same thing and when the vts went out I moved the wire on the solenoid that has the 15 amp fuse over to the post that comes directly from the battery and all the guages and beeps started working like they should. I went through the same steps you did and mine would not fire either but it started once I did that and I rode it for a while today with no problems at all. Don't know the downside to doing this but I'm just happy at this point to have it running.

Comment

Hey,

What color was the wire? Did you connect it on the coil? I don't know what your laying down.
                            Thanks!

also, yes my vts did go out and the motor is removed, are you saying there might be a short?
                            Thanks!

Comment

In the rear black box you have two wires with inline fuses connected to the solenoid. One has a 7.5 amp inline fuse and the other has a 15 amp inline fuse. On mine these are both connected to the side of the solenoid that goes to the starter. What I did was disconnect the 7.5 amp (this is the vts wire) and move the wire with the 15 amp fuse over to the side that has the cable that comes directly from the battery. I just piggy-backed on the post with battery cable and all is working ok so far. Once I replace my vts module I'll move the wires back like they were but at least I can still ride it for the remainder of the season. Hope that helps.

Comment

Working...
                              X