Skat trak impeller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skat trak impeller

I did some homework on impellers and found the right one i believe. My questions is this...I ordered one and the invoice said it is a 140/75 with a 16/21 pitch which is what I thought i wanted (going on a 96 challenger with the 787 engine and the 140mm pump) but upon looking at it, it's base is no where near the old one that was on it. Is it possible the impeller i recieved is for the 155mm and not the 140 or do i need to order something different??? Any help appreciated.

pump install

My next question is when putting the pump back on with the new seal is there any other sealant to add to insure it doesn't leak, I would prefer to not have to open this back up for a while...
    Last edited by clloyd; 08-09-2005, 12:39 AM. Reason: mis type

Comment

Re: Skat trak impeller

A 155 impellor is quite a bit larger in diameter than a 140mm impellor. Both numbers stand for the outside diameter of the impellor. If the one you got fits into the wear ring, it is the correct outside diameter.

There are differences in the diameter of what is known as the hub of the impellor. Early impellors and pumps have a smaller diameter hub. You do not want to install a small diameter hub impellor into a pump with a large diameter center section, but you can install a larger hub impellor into a pump with a smaller diameter pump center section.
      Bill O'Neal <br>
      WCM
      <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Re: Skat trak impeller

Instead of an oem stick-on seal, I suggest you use a healthy bead of Ultra Black in place of the pump seal and let it set up for 24-48 hours before using the boat. The Ultra Black will make removing the pump more difficult in the future, but it will not suck the seal out over time, like what usually happens with the stick-on variety of seals.
        Bill O'Neal <br>
        WCM
        <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Working...
        X