This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Priority @ Sbt

I had a problem with the new SBT motor and returned it during warranty. I am very restrained with time (travelling abroad where I take my engine) and was told that they are on back order with these particular motors. Since I swaped the engines a year ago, don't I get the priority with being supplied with the new engine? They are getting the engines out for the customers who are exchanging engines within the last few weeks or a month and I am in the need of engine now for over a year. Wouldn't that be sound to first take care of us that actally have NOT been taken care of? Any thoughts?:emoticons

Re: Priority @ Sbt

Gary,

As you have already been told repeatedly by our Tech Manager Phil, and the Warranty Manager Julie - your engine will be ready as soon as it comes through the line, behind everyone else. You are just as much a priority as the rest of our customers. We have your cell phone on file and as Julie has said, we will call you as soon as it ships. Not to be rude, but quite frankly it's not our fault you didn't have time to run the ski for the year you have had it, or have the time to fix it now.

You purchased the engine 11 1/2 months ago, made the claim July 15th and it was just received here 3 days ago. It was found to have a dry center cavity and completely shredded brass gear, consistent with a lack of lube when starting. You were advised of this, and wanted us to simply replace the rotary shaft assembly, yet keep the remainder of the warranty. You were advised that first of all, we would never do such an unprofessional, wrong repair procedure, and second, we will only provide a new block for the warranty service.

You ARE being taken care of, but NO we will not give you or anyone else 'special treatment' and put you ahead in the que, nor do shoddy backyard mechanic repair work.

This matter is closed as far as tech is concerned, if you have further questions, email or call warranty@sbtontheweb.com and please stop calling tech - we do not control the warranty process nor do we need to discuss this any further with you.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
    X