96 Sp 587 Won't Start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 96 Sp 587 Won't Start

I just finished putting it together and when i tried to start it nothing happened, after i press the starter a couple times it will make a high pithched beep. I tested the starter on my truck battery before i put it on and it worked. And i just put a new battery in and it has lots of current. Any ideas of what might be wrong or ways to test the electrical system?

Re: 96 Sp 587 Won't Start

Try jumping the solenoid in the grey box.
    Bill O'Neal <br>
    WCM
    <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Ok i realized in my stupidity i forgot to attatch the red wire to the back of the starter, but now that i have i can get the starter to work by jumping the solenoid and also i can get it to start if i push the start stop button on the handle bar and push the button with the the red stop sign below it at the same time, i'm not experienced at all with jetskis so i don't really if that is how it is supposed to start cause i thought that that was a button to shut it off. I get spark when i start it. I think it might be that i have the gas lines in the carb swiched up. i have a mikuni carb and i put the line that comes from up under the handlebar and connects to the switch and filter to the fitting that had the arrow pointing toward the carb and put the other line on the one that had the arrow pointing away. And also the motor was sitting around for a long time when i bought it and sent for the rebuilt motor so i'm not that experienced with carburators but i'm thinking after sitting around maybe the diaphram is bad or the jets are clogged or something. i think it has been sitting around for a couple years so maybe it needs to be rebuilt. any advice would be appreciated, thanks

Comment

The same button starts it and stops it. Rebuild the carb.
        Bill O'Neal <br>
        WCM
        <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

I put my mechanical engineering powers to work and figured it all out, its running now, thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
          X