96 Sp 587 cooling problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 96 Sp 587 cooling problems

i just finished putting my seadoo back together and took it out to the lake it ran but it wouldn't pump any water through the cooling system. I brought it back home and discovered a large blockage on the intake hose right before it split for the two fittings on the tuned pipe. i cleaned out the blockage now it will run water through it but before i go all the way back out to the lake i want to know that it is working correctly. i can blow compressed air through the intake and it will come out of the clear discharge hose to the exhaust and it also exits out of the black one. i would like to know if i should be getting air to blow through the two small hoses that come out of the back of the jetski the hoses that connect to the water chamber above the head and to the tuned pipe. if i blow it through them in reverse i.e. put air through the two hoses from the back of the ski it will travel out through the clear discharge hose that goes to the exhuast. as i understand seadoos don't "roostertail" but i don't know if those are there to just equalize pressure or what

Re: 96 Sp 587 cooling problems

Remove that hose from the pump that supplies water to the engine. Using a garden hose adapter fitting from a hardware store, connect the garden hose to that water line. START the motor, THEN turn on the hose. Watch for water squirting out of the pee holes by the hook in the rear of the deck. Water should also be pouring out of the exhaust fitting in the rear. After a minute or two, turn off the garden hose and then the engine.

NEVER run the garden hose water without the motor running or you will fill the engine with water.
    Bill O'Neal <br>
    WCM
    <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Ok i did that it worked but now to the next question. when the coolent was running the heat sensor was going off even though the engine and exhaust was still cool enough to touch comfortably, and the discharge coolent was cool also, so i pulled the heat sensor and put it in a pot of heating water on the stove, i got electrical continuity from the sensor at 100 degrees farnheit. i assume this means i have a bad heat sensor. does anyone know the proper temperature for the heat sensor to go off. and if mine is bad which is most likely the case what is the best place to order a new one?
      Thanks for the help

Comment

Just replace it. They go bad every few years.
        Bill O'Neal <br>
        WCM
        <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Working...
        X