Rebuilding a 657 Rotax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rebuilding a 657 Rotax

This motor definately does have issues - I'm in search of a crank too - but on the plus side my case is good a straight but those scratches on the RV surface are still a little concerning...
    94 XP....

Comment

In canada we pay a premium for playing. My new engine from Bombardier and install so I could get warrenty was $2760 CDN. After I figured the duty and $ exchange, plus shipping and taxes, it worked out very close to the same. Some of the pullers and wrenches are seadoo specific, plus alignment..so the dealer was the way to go. The dealer was 5 hours at $78/hr to install and change over from the shortblock. Good job though. Runs good, but only 1 year warranty and of course the fault if broke would be put back on me...LOL
      1998 GSX Limited
      Grande Prairie, Alberta.

Comment

oh yeah, that was for a silver 951, not the 657. Seems like the dealers putting sand in the vaseoline, before.....
        1998 GSX Limited
        Grande Prairie, Alberta.

Comment

I hear ya' this is beginning to cost a small fortune... I'll be scared to use it in case I break it and I'll have to sell my Jeep just to fix the Seadoo.

Too bad the prices to keep these things going wasn't so high, then maybe we would see more people out on the water. So far this summer I have only seen 3 Seadoos out... 3!... thats it...
          94 XP....

Comment

Working...
          X