Octanes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Octanes

1.I (will) use ski in Europe and the gasoline there is marked as 96, 97, 98 octanes and lead free. Unleaded is not graded by octanes, just coded as green (on the pump). Can I use it safely? What about those that are apparently not unleaded?
    2. I ran into a shallow water and in order to remove tha debris wrapped arround the shaft had to remove the botom grill. I just tighten the bolts back. Should I lock tight them?

Re: Octanes

You can run peanut oil in a GTI if you can get it to burn, so don't worry about it. It is a motor that uses the lowest rated octane fuel sold.

Use Blue Loc-Tite on grate bolts.
    Bill O'Neal <br>
    WCM
    <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Thanx, Bill. Should I add some butter to the peanut oil or just plain. How about salt and peper?:emoticont just kiddin'.

Comment

Wish we could get leaded fuel at the pump here.

Maybe that is why the Yougo's wouldnt go here. :)
        Being ignorant, is not so much ashame as being unwilling to learn. Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Yu-go. What is Yugo: you hit the brakes and You go through the windshield. Didn't know about the peanut oil though. I will let you know what happenes.:emoticonc
          Is leaded gas better? Should I use that?

Comment

Originally posted by gary Surak
            Is leaded gas better? Should I use that?
            Better for high performance (cheap octane enhancer) not needed on the GTI, thus the peanut oil. ;)
            Being ignorant, is not so much ashame as being unwilling to learn. Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
            X