Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Screaming ski???

Year and model?
    WATERCRAFT SERVICES. PROVIDING THE RESIDENTS OF HOUSTON AND SURROUNDING AREAS WITH QUALITY WORK ON THEIR PWC AT A FAIR PRICE.

Comment

Are sure you have everything back together in the pump correctly. Sounds to me that you have some misalignment in the pump causing the impellor to score the wear ring hence the scream.

Comment

I had something similiar happen with a broken motor mount with the torque pulling the motor to the side mis aligning everything under load.
        so slo gettin faster <A%20HREF=[ bunny.jpg? postalaka y165 albums i5.photobucket.com alt="Image hosted by Photobucket.com" img]http:>

Comment

Could be, I also installed one of those anti rattle cones and it still rattles.

Comment

Screaming noises are usually a pinched thrust bearing in the pump. Easy to do if you are not familiar with how to keep from pinching it when you put a pump back together.
            Bill O'Neal <br>
            WCM
            <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

How do I prevent it from pinching. Do I need to buy a new bearing? This was a new bearing. What is the proper order for re-installing?

Comment

I use thick grease to keep the thrust bearing seated on the impellor shaft and I make sure the shaft does not move rearward after installing the impellor, by only lifting the pump using my fingers on the impellor blades. This pulls the impellor forward and does not let it go towards the rear where the cone would be if it were installed. By moving rearward it allows the bearing to slip off and get off centered. When you bolted the cone back on, you pinched the bearing.
                Always test the bearing before installing the pump back into the ski. You test it by grabbing the impellor and moving it forward and rearward with the cone installed. It must have some endplay or the bearing is pinched.

You may have done some severe damage, depending on how long you ran it. You can easily have ruined the impellor shaft, thrust bearing, thrust washer and pump housing. At minimum, you will need a new thrust bearing.
                Bill O'Neal <br>
                WCM
                <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

It sounds like that what it is. I did not run it much due to the strange sound. Thanks for all the info!!! I will be doing some work this week.

Comment

Working...
                  X