97 GTI New SBT 720 motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 97 GTI New SBT 720 motor

I installed the new motor then went on a 2 week vaction with it and I have a few problems:

1. The bottom end power doesn't kick in until 15mph and the top end max out at 46mph. I adjusted the low and high end jets as per shop manual ( single carb ), I did play with the adjustment's but that's the best I could get out of it. I was at 4400 elevation.
    2. The gas gauge didn't work after installing new motor.
    3. There's a intermittent problem with the engine dying. I would be driving the ski and it just quits. So I hit the start button and nothing happens then I disconnect the landyard then reconnect and it starts back up.

Thanks for any help;)

Re: 97 GTI New SBT 720 motor

What caused the original motor to fail and what other repairs were made?

Any mods on the ski?

What brand manual do you have? Where are your needles set?

The fuel gauge has nothing to do witht he motor - read the tech article on it.

You probably have a bad connection of the post wire in the electrical box, or a bad post itself - or a bad lanyard. Taking the ski and lanyard to a dealer will tell you what you need to replace.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Thanks for reply:

Original motor had low compression ( 110 each cylinder ) no other repairs. Change out was for low toqure out of hole, I had taken it to local Seadoo dealer and they had rebuilt carb and told me about the low compression and to me it needed to be rebuilt for about 2k.
      No mods to engine complete stock.
      Low jet 1-1/4 turns, high center of 1/4 adjustment.
      Seadoo service cd disc.
      Thanks for any thoughts.

Comment

Most likely something was not rebuilt properly in the carb. Did you do a compression test on the new engine? Test your battery voltage standing, cranking and running also.
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
        X