2000 GTX Hesitation, Stalling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 GTX Hesitation, Stalling

I have a 2000 GTX with the 951 Rotax engine that started to hesitate upon initial takeoff. It has gotten to the point that if I don’t feather the gas the engine will stall, however the engine starts great, idles great, and once underway it runs great.

I'ved changed the plugs with no effect. I do use fuel stabilizer if I know I can’t use the boats for a week or so, etc., and after the first few times this symptom occurred I went ahead and drained the boats fuel tank. Unfortunately there has been no change - it still hesitates. I'm guessing this could be a dirty fuel filter restricting fuel flow. The owner’s manual says there is a fuel filter somewhere (I haven’t looked yet), although the manual suggests a dealer should service this filter?

So, I have two questions for the experts:

(1) Can someone point me to the fuel filter location and recommend a fuel filter replacement or methodology.

(2) How difficult is it to rebuild the carbs on this engine?

Thanks in advance! :)

Mark
    2000 Sea-Doo GTX 951

Re: 2000 GTX Hesitation, Stalling

I'd bet your problem is the two little brass nozzels in the top of the carbs are clogged up and not allowing the gasoline to squirt into the carbs when you squeeze the throttle. Those nozzels are connected to your accellerator pump.

Remove the carbs and clean those nozzels, and while you have them out, at least clean the two filters inside of the carbs.
    Bill O'Neal <br>
    WCM
    <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Working...
    X