96 GTX water regulator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 96 GTX water regulator

I tested my water regulator by pulling the water line off the ehaust and hanging it over the side of the ski in the water and the water flow seemed to increase as i gave it more gas I then took the cap off and saw that the wrong spring had been put in I know this because I compaired it to my friends 97 GTX so I put his spring in and found that the same thing happend more flow with more gas. Does this happen untill you hit a certian RPM then does the flow slow down again? I took the spring out and started the ski and there was no flow I have replaced the bellow and there is no water leaking out of the regulator any where i have the red cap loose.

Re: 96 GTX water regulator

Because you did not note what rpm you revved it to, I have no answer for you other than if the water is not reduced at high rpm ( like somewhere above 5500 rpm ), then the regulator is not doing it's job of reducing the water flow so that your tuned exhaust system can work properly. IT MUST REDUCE THE WATER FLOW TO THE PIPE.
    Just because it does not leak water is not an indicator of how well it works.
    The only reason I ever mention water leaking is because if you do see water leaking from a regulator, that regulator is faulty. Sometimes you can fix then by reattaching the diaphram or installing a new diaphram or clamp, sometimes even that does not make a faulty regulator work again. I believe they get hot and warp or someting. I am not sure, but I have tried in vain several times to fix bad regulators with zero luck on some of them, and success on others. I have NEVER had a bit of luck fixing an aluminum type water regulator that came stock on 1995 models and some 1996 models. Most water regulators we see now are plastic, as most aluminum bodied regulators quit working years ago.
    Bill O'Neal <br>
    WCM
    <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Re: 96 GTX water regulator

Thanks Bill

I did not rev it that high I will have to try revving it that high an see what happends. BTW I have the plastic regulator. I thougt the water flow slowed down at about 3500 rpm.

Comment

Working...
      X