Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long does fuel line last for?

Hey all,

Was just inspecting my fuel system today-got the fuel tank replaced through a recall (seadoo 95xp) and have been looking at each of the fuel system components.....I cleaned my fuel sender unit (which had a little bit of gunk in its filter). Otherwise fine.

One thing i am wondering though is how long does the fuel hose last? It's 10 years old, looks to be in good condition (ie: clean and no signs of degrading). BUT i'd prefer to just replace it if it could potentially cause a problem for me! I was also thinking of bypassing the fuel selector switch all together-have never used it and i was thinking that it could cause problems the older it gets.

Has anyone had any experience in this field?

Re: How long does fuel line last for?

cut off a chunk of your fuel line. A couple of inches will do. Cut it off where it connects to the carb. Once you have it out, slice the peice open and inspect the line. If it's deteriorated, delaminating or gummy then yes replace it. If not, you should be fine. I always replace mine when I get a new (old) ski. Blow though the slelector switch to make sure there is no obstructions. Running the switch is purely owners preference, just keep an eye on the gas level. I have taken ALL my selector switches out.
    Dan Solie -
    04 RXP (the "Instigator")
    94 xp (freestyle mods)
    95 xp (faster than the 94)
    JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

Working...
    X