Throttle Sticking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Throttle Sticking

My 96 SPX's throttle has stuck once on the trailer and once on the water. My friend fell off and the thing kept going. Is this a cable issue or perhaps something in the carbs? Thanks.

Re: Throttle Sticking

Did your friend have the landyard attached to him when he fell off, if so the ski should have shut down as soon as the lanyard was pulled out if it didnt shut off then there is an electrical problem with the ski. check the cable with the ski off pull it wide open then let it go and see if the cable releses at the carb you can also see if there is slack in the throttle lever when it is stuck.

Comment

Yeah, the lanyard came out. He got hurt. Bruised his rubs. Hit a wake full throttle. I'll check the cable like you said. Take some lube with me.

Comment

On my 92 xp i have been having a problem sort of like that. It drove normally but when i pulled out the lanyard it wouldnt stop and the stop button wouldnt work either. and now i am having problems with the carbs and im pretty sure the problems are related.

Comment

Working...
        X