96 SEADOO xp 800 wont start unassisted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 96 SEADOO xp 800 wont start unassisted

my xp 800 wont start unless it igets a boost from another battery or charger. once it is running it works perfect, but it wont start off just the battery alone. I have replaced the battery and i still get the same result. and i have checked all of the fuses in the electrical boxes. everything that way seems fine, what next? what could my problem be?

Re: 96 SEADOO xp 800 wont start unassisted

Try putting a volt meter on the battery when you try starting the engine and let us know what the voltage drops too when cranking. Be sure you have a good fully charged battery. if the voltage drops too low the ignition module will shut down and not fire on that system. thats why its very important to have a quality LIKE YUASA [ NOT A WALLMART OR AUTOZONE TYPE BATTERY IN THIS SKI.]
    Last edited by julrich; 09-27-2005, 10:53 AM.

Comment

Could be bad battery, bad connections, bad starter. Try another quality battery that is known to work.

Comment

If your battery is up to snuff, then you will find your problem in one of these areas.
        Battery cables, if bad, will cause amprege loss.
        Solenoid, if bad may cause amprege loss.
        Starter motor. Usually the culprit, probably just worn out.
        Bill O'Neal <br>
        WCM
        <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

thanks for the help, i will test out the battery and see what i have to go on from there.

Comment

my battery is fine, i have now realized that it has something to do with the tether cord (key) when i push it on i am getting very faint beeps and i really have to twist it around to get it to start. once it is on right it starts fine. but if it isn't on exactly 100% it wont turn over, or it will turn over very lightly and then stop trying, exactly the same effect as if the battery were going dead. Would this by the key itself or would this be something more? thanks

Comment

Working...
            X