Why so slow????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why so slow????

OK , maybe its just me, but my 93 XP seems to be alot slower than its supposed to be. To day took it out with my hand held GPS, and it ran only 43.2 MPH.

Mods:

PSI Pipe
    coffmans waterbox
    Triton Cylinder head
    Splash extended ride plate
    Splash intake grate.

Everything else is stock!

shouldnt it be faster with these mods???

Re: Why so slow????

Have you just made these mods and have tested for the first time? Are your carbs tuned correctly. If this is the first time back on the water after making the mods then something may have been configured incorrectly. Alternatively, if the mods were already done and tested to be working ok then maybe somethig has occurred to cause the ski to go slower. Need a lot more info about your situation to diagnose-then one of the pro's on this site can prob help you out.

Comment

Originally posted by Ozzie Seadoo
      Have you just made these mods and have tested for the first time? Are your carbs tuned correctly. If this is the first time back on the water after making the mods then something may have been configured incorrectly. Alternatively, if the mods were already done and tested to be working ok then maybe somethig has occurred to cause the ski to go slower. Need a lot more info about your situation to diagnose-then one of the pro's on this site can prob help you out.
      This was the first time, with the new head, and waterbox. This was also the first time with the GPS, so i have no base line besides SOTP. It fels faster , but i still dont believe its up to par. I put the pipe on a couple of weeks ago, and adjusted it as best my ameture seluf could. I turned the lows, and highs out a bit. I did a plug chop, and to ME atleast it looked good. When i pulled the head today. the cylinders, and pistons appered to be in good shape. I still havent run a compressoin test on it yet though.

Comment

Maybe a pump problem...were the revs jumping up and down?...cos that could mean that something was up with the jet pump unit.Don't just check the engine...try have a look at the drive train and jet pump as well.

Comment

The only way you will ever tune that motor is with a tachometer attached so you know when you are making gains in rpm or losing rpm when adjusting it.
          It should be turning at least 7000 rpm with those mods.
          Bill O'Neal <br>
          WCM
          <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

It has the factory Tach, and its almost to 7000 rpms, and no the rpms do not jump. Im thinking maybe a new wear ring and impellor???

Comment

Yeah a bad wear ring makes a big difference-i had mine replaced and it ran so much better! That's because the pump will cavitate if the wear ring is worn. If it was a bad wear ring i would have thought that it would have deteriorated gradually-you said that you ski just started running badly all of a sudded. From the seaweed i've sucked up it sounds as if we had the same problem.

Comment

Working...
              X