Need help troubleshooting...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help troubleshooting...

My '94 GTX starts and runs perfectly for about 3 minutes, then bogs down and stalls. If it sits for few minutes, it will start and run again for 30 to 60 seconds each time. Does anyone know if this is a common problem with this machine? I checked and cleaned the fuel filter, it had a little crud in it, but didn't change the symptoms at all when I cleaned it. Thanks for any help!

Re: Need help troubleshooting...

Rebuild the carburetors!
    John Kubiak
    Powersports Technical Training Professional
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Sea-Doo Tech 13736
    PWC Tech since 1988 (22 years)
    PowerSports since 1976 (34 years)
    NEVER BUY TIRES AT A "BLOW-OUT" SALE
    Please do not use Private Messaging, use the forums.

Comment

I believe you...but would you mind explaining why these symptoms require rebuilding the carbs? Wierd thing is it ran great up until a few weeks ago....I probably burned 5 tanks of fuel through it in the last month it was dependable....

Thanks for the advice though...

Comment

You're burning more fuel than what's being allowed through the carbs. That's why it dies, and starts back up.

Skooter

Comment

before anything, check the compression. if they're low. u know that it wasn't the carbs, but it was overheating and siezing. figure out why that occured.

Comment

Something like your symptoms could easily be associated with an exhaust leak or a fuel starvation problem.

Fuel starvation can be from a clogged up fuel selector valve, an oring missing in the top of the fuel strainer, a stuck check valve not letting air into the fuel tank, a faulty fuel pump or clogged up carb filters or a few other fuel line realated problems, like a loose clamp, ect.
            Bill O'Neal <br>
            WCM
            <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Working...
            X