Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seadoo 98 Xpl 55oo Rpm Max On New Rebuild (help)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seadoo 98 Xpl 55oo Rpm Max On New Rebuild (help)

I HAVE A 98 XPL, I BOUGHT THIS AND THE ENGINE WAS BLOWN DONT KNOW HOW IT BLEW, I HAVE REPLACED CRANK, BORED CYLINDERS .25 OVER NEW PISTONS AND COMPLETE TOP END KIT, CHECKED CARBS THE SEEM OK, CHECKED REED VALVES OK, POWER VALVES OK, THE SKI WILL RUN FINE ON TRAILER BUT ONLY GET 5500 RPM IN WATER.

I TOOK IT OUT AND GOT IT TO HIT 6200 RPM FOR SHORT TIME, TOOK BACK HOME AND HAD DETONATION:emoticonr ON ONE PISTON STILL HAVE EQUAL COMPRESSION . COULD THE CRANK BE OUT OF TIME ??? OR COULD COUNTER BALANCE BE IN WRONG????.

NEED YOUR HELP

Re: Seadoo 98 Xpl 55oo Rpm Max On New Rebuild (help)

Define 'checked carbs'. Nothng else you mentioned would cause damage. What exactly do you mean you had detonation?
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

What do the spark plugs look like? I'd suggest rebuilding the Carbs. Internal filters could be dirty. It is also important to determine why you had the original blown engine or it will happen again.

Comment

Detonation is not caused by the counterbalancer being out of time, and I highly doubt the crankshaft is twisted either.

Detonation on a stock motor is usually caused by an air leak or clogged carbs.

If it is the mag side piston, check your rave valve solenoid tubing and check valve that attach to the rear side of the cases behind the starter motor. Then disassemble the two carbureators and completly clean them out, jets and filters.
        Bill O'Neal <br>
        WCM
        <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Thanks For Everyones Help, I Found The Problem, I Pulled Motor Last Night And Broke It Down, I Found The Crank Was Out Almost A Inch, I Dont Know If It Was Sent To Me Like This, Or It Just Twisted? Anyway Sent Back For New Crank Hopefully This Will Solve My Problem.

Batman2

Comment

Who did the crank? One of ours??

Comment

batman2 - reply on the forums, don't email me.

'pwc out of new york' doesn't tell me anything, nor do I know if it was supposed to be welded. What is the company name you bought it from?

Comment

that is pwc engines out of new york thats the name of the company he just rebuilds pwc engines.

Comment

Hmmm..well, in the future, click on the big banner at the top ;)

Comment

Working...
                  X