Drain for hull?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drain for hull?

I have a Seadoo 91' XP with no drain for the hull other than what appears to be some sort of "auto suck out things" when you are riding. My question is: I want to add a universal type drain and it requires a 1" hole to be drilled. What type of drill should I use? ( regular twist type for metal or wood, or butterfly type for wood boring, or auger type for wood boring or hole saw with saw type teeth or hole saw with carbide instead of teeth) I would hate to find out the hard way what not to use.

Re: Drain for hull?

There is a drain plug! Looking from the rear of the ski, to the left of the jet pump, just inside of the jet pump cavity there should be a 1" drain plug with either a t-handle screw or a flip-lever style release.
    John Kubiak
    Powersports Technical Training Professional
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Sea-Doo Tech 13736
    PWC Tech since 1988 (22 years)
    PowerSports since 1976 (34 years)
    NEVER BUY TIRES AT A "BLOW-OUT" SALE
    Please do not use Private Messaging, use the forums.

Comment

I see where there use to be a drain looking from the inside of the hull but not the outside. The previous owner must have patched it for some odd reason (I hope not hull damage) Should I try and reveal the standard drain or install a new one? The factory drain seems a little high waterlevel wise and only on one side.

Comment

Duckbill drains SUCK. They only work for a short while, then don't seal and sink the ski. I would get rid of them and get some standard foam boat lever plugs for the holes.
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Use a hole saw, install an oem type drain plug. No big deal.
          Bill O'Neal <br>
          WCM
          <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Working...
          X