Opinions please!! New Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Opinions please!! New Purchase

Most likely the baffles will need to be replaced at 120 bucks each. Why they are converted to premix I do not know. The Sea Doo oil pumps RARELY if ever fail IMO. The 97 xp with an 800 engine is underpowered as is the HX. You can probably get a 98 with a 951 for 3k during the winter and an hx in good condition will sell for 1800. I would seriously consider a newer XP though, 97's get boring fast..my 2 cents

Comment

Re: Opinions please!! New Purchase

my local dealer will plug up and check hours for free - if you have a dealer close by ask.

IMO - the HX at 390ish pounds is fun stock, but can be a reliable arm jerker with a few mods - parts for ski are easily available in used market and cheap.

97 XP - suk - can be fun if you want to tinker with a few mods, but underpowered stock and placement of mpem on that year was a mistake and if you ever play hard it will eventually get soaked - if you get it, buy a bilge for first mod. i don't think SD put a bilge in it till 98.

who really needs a fuel gauge anyway - most of my skis didn't come from factory with one :)

Comment

Working...
      X