Different oils?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Different oils?

I have been using the sea doo sythetic oil for my 97 xp but I saw some TC-W3 sythetic 2 cycle outboard oil could this be used without sacrificing the engine? I am just wondering if there are any different oils out there or is sea doo the only one?

Re: Different oils?

Do not use a "TCW-3" type oil in your 787cc.

Comment

Stick with " Doo " oil, its expensive for a reason, its good

Comment

Thankks for the answers but can you tell me why? What is the difference?

Why not use TCW3 it says okay for PWC?

Comment

that's bull... big bull spread by doo's fanatic... don't get me wrong, im a doo fanatic myself, in a smart way though... i have a 96 xp 800 with 175 psi on both cyl, buckshot magnum, buckshot fa, r&d pipe, hardjet wtrbox, wiseco std piston, umi handle bar, wetwolf aat [this shifting cone works awesome man!!!!], std pump and nozzle, std impeller, beach house sponsons...

i use it mostly for recreational and attend local race sometimes.. been using all kind of oil [premixed 1:40], as long as tcw-3, with no problems so far... compression on both cyls remain steady.. the only problem i encountered most is just the dirt in the carbs since the gas quality is bad here in jakarta...

sometimes, i even use aimalube [yamalube wanna be].. it even says on the label it's made in japan and tcw-3 certified... amazingly it worked just fine...

i guess it's more of the premix ratio rather than the quality of the oil that really comes into play....

Comment

Just about any PWC oil except the cheap-o $2.99/gal varieties work just fine. Stick to a big name brand - Yamalube, Amsoil, Maxima, Redline, Penzoil, Kawasaki, Sea-Doo, Polaris, Actic Cat, etc.
            SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
            We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
            Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Has anyone else ran other oil without ill effects or stories of people who have and had problems?

Comment

I have always ran AMSOIL with no problems, on a couple of my older ski's I have run Penzoil with no ill effects.

Comment

Anybody who thinks dinosaur oils are as good as synthetics is living in the past.
                  But, any two stroke can live just fine on dino oils if it gets enough of it to keep it lubed and it does not run at excessive tempatures.

The exhaust valves will need an extra cleaning each year if you have a model with exhaust valves.

Me, I run high quality synthetics in my own skis, only because I like the best lubrication possible.
                  Bill O'Neal <br>
                  WCM
                  <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

I know about dino to sythetic, but what about one sythetic sea doo to another brand sythetic any itll effects?
                    I mean why pay $45-50 gallon for sea doo name if other competetor is same or even possibly better for less? Just beacuse it is sea doo or another reason?
                    Do you always use the same type of genuine oil in your car? ex: buy ford always use ford oil and filter by the dealership?

Comment

Any synthetic is fine.
                      SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
                      We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
                      Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

cool thanks I would still like to know if anyone has had any personal experience though.

Comment

Most of us have lots of "personal experence".

There is no good reason not to buy a cheaper brand of synthetic oil, as Bombardier oils are very expensive, the last $10 a gallon going to Bombardier themselves. Bombardier is not an oil company, just a private label for Castrol......
                          Bill O'Neal <br>
                          WCM
                          <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

honestly, you really wont be able to tell if u use differnet tyeps of oil. as far as cheap 2 dollar oils, thats a different story, like tech said, if you stick w/ name brand syntec oils, you'll be fine. i have had personal experiences w/ castor 927/ redline and i'll tell you this, they keep the ports/piston, internals beautiful. those oils are awsome. this wasn't used in a watercraft though.

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys.:emoticont :D

Comment

Working...
                              X