Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie 96 GTI

Hi all,
    Long time boat owner, but just bought a 96 Seedoo GTI for my son. I am wondering how to start and flush on land. I have seen posts that say to hook up a hose, but can't find this. Is there a flush kit required for this model? Also, can I get a user manual at a dealer or somewhere online? Any other tips for this model much appreciated.
    thanks

Rick

Re: Newbie 96 GTI

I am not exactly sure on your model, but I do know about the 96 GSX and XP.

The GSX actually has a black tube coming out of the back that you hook the hose up too. If you are looking from the back at the jet pump, on the left hand upper side there is a 3 inch black tube coming out that a garden hose threads directly too. See if you can find this.

For the XP, it actually requires a flush kit tube. Inside the engine, there is a tube between the system that has a little white piece of plastic that a tube connects too. The flush kit tube is about a foot long and has threads for the hose on one end, and the other end has a metal clip type connection to connect inside the engine tubing.

I am not sure which your model has. If you have the GSX style fushing it is much nicer since it doesn't require having an additional tube. I am sure someone else on the board can verify which you have.

Once you find it, when flushing remember to start the engine, then turn on the water. Then turn off the water, and then the engine in that order.

Hope that helps:emoticont

Comment

thanks for the reply. This one doesn't seem to have anything external. Just a drain at the rear. I see a hose going to the head, which has a red removable cap on it, but not threaded, and would not accept a hose without an adapter.
      thanks for the help though.

Rick

Comment

If the cap is RED that is probably it.

Look around or get to your dealer. Flush kits are plentiful and not very expensive and you definitely need it:)

Comment

When you remove that red cap, you see a quick disconnect fitting. This is where the flush kit adapter attaches to the water hose from the motor. You must pinch off that hose between the flush kit and the rear of the boat to force water backwards through the engine when flushing the ski. Do not forget to remove the clamp when you finish flushing the motor.
          Bill O'Neal <br>
          WCM
          <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Ok, that's what I thought. I will get to a dealer and kit the flush kit. Can you tell me what oil I should be using?

thanks again.

Rick

Comment

Standard petrolium based two stroke oil works fine on that model Sea Doo.
              Bill O'Neal <br>
              WCM
              <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Thanks,

Rick

Comment

Working...
                X