Is this good for Winterizing??? Anti Freeze

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this good for Winterizing??? Anti Freeze

I wanted to ask the opinion of people who have to flush their ski with Anti Freeze for the cold winter.

Think this is a smart way to get the anti -freeze in without using some messy rigged pumping system?

http://www.pwcproflush.com/

It is basically a pesticide pump with some additional stuff. I may even be able to make it.
    Be sure to let me know. I think it is a bit pricey but may be worth it since I have a few ski's I need to winterize.

Anyone?

Re: Is this good for Winterizing??? Anti Freeze

Not sure I would spend the $115 on this system.

As for pumping antifreeze through your system, nothing a plain oldfashion pump can't solve if your prefer to backflush antifreeze through your system. Same procedure as backflushing from the garden hose except instead of the hose, you have the pump supplying your premixed antifreeze.

Comment

Agreed $115 is overpriced.

Does anyone think this is a good method to actually get the anti freeze into the ski? A friend of mine actually already has this kit and offered to let me use it to winterize my ski if I want.

I plan to get a good biodegradable antifreeze and use this to winterize.
      It holds 1 gallon, is that enough??

Is anyone against using something like this for any obvious reasons? I just want to be sure I am winterizing it correctly since this is my first time and I don't want to be surprised next year with a cracked expanded engine.

Thanks

Comment

The process works great for getting antifreeze throughout your cooling system. As for the antifreeze, I'm not touching that one since its clear there are two schools of thought on that topic on this forum. having said that, I have the service manual and follow the OEM guidlines.

Comment

You do not need to spend $115 on a pressurized antifreeze gizmo. All you need to do is remove the two hoses at the back of the head. Install a pincher onto the clear plastic engine drain hose that goes out the back of the ski. Using a short piece of hose and a funnel, pour antifreeze into the head inlet fitting. Remove the temporary hose and reconnect the two water hoses to the head. Remove the pincher on the drain line. Catch the antifreeze as it comes out the back of the ski in a pan and properly dispose of it.
          Although most of the antifreeze will run through and out the back, the antifreeze will mix with the water left in the waterjackets and keep it from doing any damage to the motor in a freezing condition. You do not need to completely fill and leave antifreeze inside of your motor over the winter if you just flush it with antifreeze.
          This whole operation only takes a quart of antifreeze and 20 minutes of your time.
          Bill O'Neal <br>
          WCM
          <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Bill,

Will this method of just pouring it in get antifreeze in the muffler(water box)?

Tom

Comment

No. But the muffler never gets over half full if you blow out the water after you ride.
              Bill O'Neal <br>
              WCM
              <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Yup. Makes sense.

Comment

Hey Bill,

Why is it necessary to remove both hoses at the cylinder head? Is it not possible to just remove the hose(cooling water outlet under normal running conditions) and pour antifreeze into that cylinder inlet fitting and then wait for it to come out the exhaust drain?

Tom

Comment

Working...
                  X