OIL, What to use, not to use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OIL, What to use, not to use

This probably is the age old question, but since I’m new to this and everyone has been a great help, I’m going to ask away.

What oil should I be using? (‘91 XP) The guy I bought it from said mineral oil only, other fellow skiers say synthetic only, the techs at the dealer/shop say something else and Bombardier have even more varieties to choose from.
    Should I keep using what the previous owner used? Price is not a big factor. I just want to do what’s right. ( I am still using the injector system, no block off)

Re: OIL, What to use, not to use

Wal-Mart has several choices....Go to the "boating" aisle and the "automotive" department, every store has the stuff in a different location for some reason. Most Wal-Marts sell the Bombardier Mineral Oil in 1 liter and 4-liter sizes. They also sell Mercury/Quicksilver brand "PWC" oil in both a mineral and synthetic version..I have used all three in rotary valve Sea-Doo PWC with no problems...Plus Wal-Mart offers several other oil choices for you as well.
    John Kubiak
    Powersports Technical Training Professional
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Sea-Doo Tech 13736
    PWC Tech since 1988 (22 years)
    PowerSports since 1976 (34 years)
    NEVER BUY TIRES AT A "BLOW-OUT" SALE
    Please do not use Private Messaging, use the forums.

Comment

similar question-
      I recently bought a new jug of the XP-S oil recommended for my 97gtx and it appears to have a brownish color to it. The oil in the previous gallon jugs I used had more of a bluish hue to it. is there an issue? I just added the new oil into the old.

Comment

i woudl do a search about this. millions of threads on this.

Comment

Originally posted by 98xlt
          similar question-
          I recently bought a new jug of the XP-S oil recommended for my 97gtx and it appears to have a brownish color to it. The oil in the previous gallon jugs I used had more of a bluish hue to it. is there an issue? I just added the new oil into the old.
          There should be no compatability issues, the product you are now using is XP-S II, which replaced XP-S and the XP-S DI oil.....Basically you upgraded to the higher quality, DI compatible oil.

***Next time, please start a new thread, so it will be easier for the next person to find the information when they do a search*** Thanks!
          John Kubiak
          Powersports Technical Training Professional
          Las Vegas, Nevada
          Sea-Doo Tech 13736
          PWC Tech since 1988 (22 years)
          PowerSports since 1976 (34 years)
          NEVER BUY TIRES AT A "BLOW-OUT" SALE
          Please do not use Private Messaging, use the forums.

Comment

Thanks for the info, it sounds like Wal Mart is the best place to buy oil, price wise, but i'm still not sure what formulation to buy once at Wal Mart. I bought a Wave runner a few years ogo and the previous owner gave me a few gallons of "Yamalube" it is semi-synthetic. I still have plenty left, should I just use that on both skis? or pick a oil at Wal Mart, use it on both skis and call it a day.

Comment

I have used the penzoil full synthetic that they sell at walmart for about three years in my waveraider with no problem.
              FS: 1999 XP Limited 0 hours on new top end and rebuilt carbs!!!

Comment

Working...
              X