95 XP Odd Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 95 XP Odd Issue

95 XP 720. Hi. I have the below issue and have never encountered this on my ATV's or Ski's. I did not know I had an issue until I put it into the lake.

Out of Water: Ski is hard to start although will start when gas turned to off position then turning to ON or RES will allow to continue to idle at 3200. Revs fine, idles fine, although hard to start. Also idles fine when connected to water.

In Water: Ski will not start. Must start on trailer then drop into water. Ski will only run about 4500 in water. HOWEVER, quickly shifting fuel switch to OFF then to either ON or RES allows ski to run like it is supposed too for a short period. Once it starts to idle down even at full throttle shifting the fuel switch to OFF then back to ON or RES will allow it to run fine again.

Rebuild Carbs? Clean out fuel lines or gas tank? Leaks?

I am clueless and hope someone else has seen this before.

Josh
    In this life if you are in search of happiness it will surely elude you, if you focus on the needs of others, family, and God happiness will find you.

Re: 95 XP Odd Issue

FYI-It has an OIL PUMP BLOCK OFF installed so gas/oil is premixed.

Josh
    In this life if you are in search of happiness it will surely elude you, if you focus on the needs of others, family, and God happiness will find you.

Comment

You need to clean out your fuel system. Take special attention to your fuel selector switch.
      Dan Solie -
      04 RXP (the "Instigator")
      94 xp (freestyle mods)
      95 xp (faster than the 94)
      JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

Yeah, start with your carbs. Do a carb rebuild and also replace check your neddle and seat assembly...Please see this thread which i just replied to regarding leaking neddle and seat assemblies, which make it very hard to start the engine...

http://www.sbtontheweb.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26138

I'd think that once your carbs are rebuilt and you have fixed up your needle an seat assemblies then you'll be in a much better situation. Of cource, i am assuming you don't have any engine problems such as bad compression. Or even a worn out fuel system (blockages,fuel line decompisition,etc).

Comment

leaky needle and seat is flooding your engine.. thats why when you shut off your fuel supply it runs normal for a sec..
          each needle and seat assembly must be replaced as an assembly and run around 20 bux each.. you need two..
          good luck and clean the fuel system while you are at it.

Comment

Thanks. Makes sense as it did seemed flooded with fuel.

By the way the compression is 129 front, 135 rear cylinder. This might be low just because the battery was ran down when I did the test. They were within 5% though.

Any further inputs would be appreciated although I think we hit the nail on the head with the needle and seats.

Josh

Comment

Make sure you set your popoff pressure. I had the same issue with mine even after the carb rebuild and it was the popoff pressure

Comment

make sur eu ge tthe battery to run to it's highest and check the compression, get two rebuild kits for the carbs along w/ two needle/seat assembly, get a pop off pressure and check you rfuel selector valve. it may be flooded or just very very dirty. i would also check the internal fuel filters in teh carbs and the external fuel filter under the storage compartment hood.

Comment

Pop pressure very important!! I learned the hard way , check my thread 94 xp carbs can't get'em right :emoticont

Comment

Working...
                  X