What to do, what to do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do, what to do

Well, i just bought my first skies.. 97 XP and 97 HX. Ive been searchinn the posts on what i need to fix and how, and what aftermarket parts i want to do. I have some questions still though.

1. I need to replace water tempature sensor on the hx. Does anyone know of a good oem part supplier website? There are a couple other oem parts ill need too

2. I also have to replace the fuel baffles (or at least work on them) to get m fuel gauge to work again. I saw some say you have to remove the engine?? Is there an easier way to do this and is it worth it? Both fuel gauges dont work

3 Now for the aftermarket stuff... I think im definately am going to get an intake grate for the hx to decrease hopping, but it probably isnt worth getting one for the xp though right? Since its a bigger and heavier ski wouldnt it hurt more then help? And what about ride plates? Are they easy to install? And would they help on any of the skies?

Basically im looking to get aa couple bolt ons without gettin too crazy. Anyone have an ideas?

Thanks for all the help guys!

Re: What to do, what to do

yeah just call bill o'neil up, his website is www.watercraftmagic.com
    As for your 97 xp keep the stock ride plate on it. Its one of the best ones they came out with. If you want easy bolt ons, put an xo prop and a r&d nozzle (85/88 mm) and you'll see a great improvement on the ski.
    For the HX, get the temp sensor from Bill.
    Also for your fuel baffles, get them from Bill.
    SHOOTER

Comment

agree with shooter, stock ride plate on xp is best. If you are not going to be riding in crazy waves the stock intake grate is best as well. A WORX grate is nice for heavy chop but you will lose 2 MPH top speed. NOW for the baffle on the xp. If you undo the two hinges at the front of the seat you will be able to turn the seat sideways, (without disconnecting the shock in back) after turning it sideways you will see the black plug underneath. Pull the plug and you will have access to the baffle. Disconnect the electrical connector first. it should be somewhere between the baffle and back of tank, I get to mine from the rear access hatch. then disconnect the fuel lines marking them as you go so you put them back on the way they came off. then just loosen the clamps and lift it straight out. While you have the fuel lines off, stick a screwdriver into the lines scraping the sides gently and check for any gooey crap in the lines(usually brownish red smegma) ...lol if any is present in the lines, replace your fuel lines while you have it all apart. never did an HX but after the XPL you should be a pro...lol hope this helps....Steve

Comment

Thanks a bunch for the info steve!.. I saw u have a 98 XPL.. what all do u have done with it. Im new to all of this as of this past weekend..lol Although i plan on having the HX and letting my gf have the XP i would like to hook up both.... Is there any problems you've come across?

You also shooter thanks for the help....Any oher info? Is those upgrades pretty easy to install for a novice like me? I looked into the flame arrestors and it needed some other installs to make everything work....is that the case with yours?

thanks
        mike
        Last edited by sweetcoupe; 10-10-2005, 10:46 PM.

Comment

on that 97xp, you need to be VERY aware of the electrical box and MPEM location. they are way up in the nose of the boat and VERY prone to leaking water into them. Tape up, grease, anything to the seals on those boxes to keep water out.
          Dan Solie -
          04 RXP (the "Instigator")
          94 xp (freestyle mods)
          95 xp (faster than the 94)
          JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

Sorry, my mistake
            Last edited by Ozzie Seadoo; 10-11-2005, 12:20 AM. Reason: Sorry-replied to the wrong post!

Comment

Dan is right,
              get a can of silicone spray if a dealer is not around you, go to a hardware store. spray the mpem and any and all electricals in the engine bay it wont help if you take a bunch of water in but it will help waterproof most parts. I use seadoo lube (similar to wd 40) but MUCH better and spray EVVERYTHING in the engine compartment. it displaces water and makes everything shiny and shiny is goooood.
              Flame arrestor and jet kit for carbs is best bang for buck. after that its higher compression head (will need to run premium fuel) a new or repitched prop and if you wanna get kooky, an aftermarket pipe is next. I have not put a pipe on mine yet, but its planned for this winter. a lot involved with pipes though, rev limiters, water injection kits, bla bla bla

Comment

Working...
              X