Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All Antifreeze pumping problems SOLVED!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All Antifreeze pumping problems SOLVED!!!

Hey guys im somewhat new to this forum cause i just purchased 2 new skis last weekend....but ive been tryin to figure out the best way to pump antifreeze into my skis.. Well i think i found it and im showing this to the forum for everyone elses opinions

http://cgi.ebay.com/All-Purpose-Dril...QQcmdZViewItem

Apparently you hook up regular garden hoses to each side (one to the ski and one to a jug of antifreeze) then you hook up your drill and use that to pump the liquid. I think it would be enough pressure for what we want to do and it is really cheap.....6.XX after shipping....

I think i just struck a goldmine lol

lemme know what you guys think
    thanks
    mike

Re: All Antifreeze pumping problems SOLVED!!!

These are definitely great for certain applications. I am sure someone who knows can tell you if it pumps enough but I would imagine it will do just fine.

I am sticking to using my friends pecticide pump looking thing and will be sure to post back on my experience:)

Comment

Thats a nice little pump for a couple of bucks, but why would you need to use it on a watercraft?

Is that what your model ski calls for? On mine (951) I just pull the cooling line at the head and pour in with a funnel and hose, then pinch off the engine drain hose once it starts to exit.
      Last edited by Tom XP; 10-12-2005, 08:17 PM.

Comment

Now this is what i have read through the posts so i may be wrong, but i know there are 2 ways... the way you said and then theres another way where u can pump antifreeze in the flush spot where you attach the garden hose to flush your engine (not sure what its called...hey im new)The problem with doin it my way is you need a pump to pump it in because you no longer have the water pressure from the hose....thats what this is for....Your method is fine also and alot of ppl do it but i dont believe you get it into your waterbox unless you actually disconnect the hose at the waterbox and put it in there

again thats what i have been reading...maybe someone can verify for me

this pump pumpms 6.5 gallons a minute ...that has to be strong enough

also i was wondering...the gas stabilizer, can you add that to premix gas also? noone seems to mention that

thanks
        mike

Comment

See this thread... http://www.sbtontheweb.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26052

Originally posted by Bill O'Neal2
          No. But the muffler never gets over half full if you blow out the water after you ride.

Comment

thats a good idea

Comment

ok .

Comment

Working...
              X