Clamps to use??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clamps to use??????

What is the best hose type clamp to use? and why.
    1.The screw type that is the most common or
    2.the EZ clamp that you squeeze with pliers or
    3.the original type, and where would you get them and the tool

I am planning to replace fuel and water hoses and the fuel selector valve. I have had the screw type clamps loosen on me in an automotive application.

Re: Clamps to use??????

I use the S.S. screw type on all gass and pressured lines. They last forever/ usually reusable and cost is still minimal. The others are plastic.

Comment

Fuel lines should be attached with Oetiker clamps. They can also be attached with s.s. clamps or fuel type zip ties. They have a little curve at the end to wrap around the hose. Just make sure there are no leaks. And double check.

Comment

like riixxii suggested, oetiker all the way.

Comment

Here is the best deal you can find on a complete kit, It's from Drag Specialties, they are connected with Parts Unlimited, a company that markets to the motorcycle ATV and PWC shops and dealerships. Go to your favorite local shop that deals with Parts Unlimited, they can order the kit P/N DS-390302....It's actually for Harley-Davidson Oil Hoses, but it has virtually every size clamp that you need and the installation pliers....plus splices if you need them! The kit is not cheap, but it is high quality. http://www.dragspecialties.com/fatbo...roductID=67032
          John Kubiak
          Powersports Technical Training Professional
          Las Vegas, Nevada
          Sea-Doo Tech 13736
          PWC Tech since 1988 (22 years)
          PowerSports since 1976 (34 years)
          NEVER BUY TIRES AT A "BLOW-OUT" SALE
          Please do not use Private Messaging, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
          X