Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Water in Engine? Let me know what you think.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water in Engine? Let me know what you think.

I took out my 1996 Sea doo Challenger today after fixing my wear ring, and after about 30 seconds water was coming into the hull from the line that goes out to the pump (clamp not tight enough) and the c-clamp from the exhaust to the resonator failed. I fixed the clamp going into the hull but by time that happened, the engine had died. I couldnt get it started and was stuck paddling back pissed off that I had fried my engine. I took off the head expecting to see major damage, but instead there was water on top of the pistons. I cleaned it up and to make a long story short I got the boat running again. Now I am wondering if there is any bottom end damage. The compression is lower than it was last night, (130 compared to 150) but is even on both. We have that hurricane coming in and I cannot go take it out to make sure all the water is out or to even check if it is running ok. On the trailer it runs and sounds great. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks

Re: Water in Engine? Let me know what you think.

run it on the trailer with the hose.... alot... just make sure you keep the shaft cool if you run it for a long while with some water splashing on it.
    the best thing you can do is run the engine and when going to shut it down choke it with fog oil untill it dies on its own
    after the storm passes ride like hell

Comment

most likely your bottom end is just fine.

Comment

Thanks for the advice.

Comment

Working...
        X