SBT 787 Engine ID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SBT 787 Engine ID

Working on a 96XP here at my house. It has a number stamped on the side of the head (I beleive that is the SBT's stamping area). The number is 18311 . Any info you can give me would be great. (it's in for electrical repair and a carb rebuild). Engine has awesome compression and it does not look like the raves have been cleaned since installed (hence why I am trying to backtrack).
    Dan Solie -
    04 RXP (the "Instigator")
    94 xp (freestyle mods)
    95 xp (faster than the 94)
    JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Re: SBT 787 Engine ID

There's really nothing to tell - That serial says it 's about 3 years old.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

3 years old... That's about what I was looking for. friend of mine bought the pair of 96's for pretty cheap. One had the SBT... Going though it, it looked general upkeep had never been done.

All I can say is that, I am pretty sure it had never been winterized.. The carbs are all gummed up, the raves were so black and had TONS of carbon build up on them (one didn't even have an oring in it), and she still ran like a champ for years. Compression is 140/142 (2 different gauges)... Thank god SBT makes a strong motor!
      Dan Solie -
      94 xp (freestyle mods)

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

its' rotax, sbt just makes them new again.

Comment

I know it's ROTAX... I was just trying to give Kudos where they belong. SBT gets beaten up on other boards... I was just trying to add some some positive comments about a truly great product / service.
          Dan Solie -
          94 xp (freestyle mods)

Comment

Working...
          X