carburator welding?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carburator welding?

Do you happend to know if a carburator can be weld, my carb broke the piece when the idle screw is place, so now there is no way to set the idle of the engine. What kind of weld is need it for this kind of material

Thanks a lot for your help :emoticont

Re: carburator welding?

have used a product called dura fix aluminum repair depends on your particular application. i have used it to repair mounting ears on a carb and busted mounting holes on a three wheeler engine case. very simple to use
    drive it like you stole it

Comment

thanks i will try to find it and see if it fix the broken part :emoticont

Comment

I sold a buckshot carb to a guy in new zealand on ebay a few years ago. While packaging it up to ship it out, I dropped it and busted off the part where the idle screw sits. I ended up selling it to him for half what he bid for it and he got it fixed over there. He sent me a picture of what he had done. That was a computer ago, so I don't still have the picture but I can described what he had done. First off, he took it to a machine shop. They cut a little "shelf" or " notch" into what was left of the part that sticks out where the idle screw was. Then they machined a piece of what looked like aluminum to fit into the notch and then they drilled a hole thru the new repair piece and the old "stub" of the idle screw piece and attached the two together. At this point, the arm was the same size as before. Then, they just drilled and tapped for the idle screw in the new repair piece. Looked pretty good and I am sure it will work for a long time that way. This is assuming you have something left over to work with. I would take it to a machine shop and explain to them what I told you or if they think they can fix it another way easier or better, let them have at it.. Good Luck.

Comment

Maybe it would be easier to adjust the throttle cable tighter until it will idle..
          Bill O'Neal <br>
          WCM
          <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

if u have dual carbs. why not use the other carb for the idle screw.

Comment

you can not use th eother carb due it is different and doesnt have that little part for teh idle screw, but the idea of redoinf the part doesnt sound crazy at all, i will take to the machine shop at my company

Thanks a lot for your help:)

Comment

Working...
              X