Should I buy a RXX?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I buy a RXX?

I need help......I am ready to dump my old skis and get something that will perform aggressive. Im a couple years into this and know im hooked. Im now ready to spend some $$$$$. Have rode alot of different models and like the xp class due its jumping power and quick turning. Im wanting more power. RXPs are very nice but to stable for me.
    My seadoo mechanic is recommending a 96XP(currently have 94XP and a kaw SSXI) or a RXX which he happens to have up for grabs(he says he is to old to ride it). I want to get some perspective about the RXX. I know there were a thousand made, limited racing seadoo. I want power, jumping ability, quick response. How much should I pay and is this seadoo worth all the hype

Re: Should I buy a RXX?

My seadoo experience has not been a good one,it just might be luck of the draw like most things but ive had a doo for around 18 months and in that time i have only put a few hours on it but spent days,weeks working on it and this forum is packed with people having problems.What can i say mpems,broken seized bolts,elec problems,the cost of the oil,special tools etc etc.Now as for the others Kawasaki,yamaha,polaris,honda etc i couldnt tell you but if the hondas are anything like the bikes they should be fairly reliable most 4 strokes are.If youve got plenty of money you should be fine.Cheers

PS If its got tits or an engine its gunna give ya trouble!!

Comment

Jeep... Stay away from the RXX, period. Yhea, it's a fast ski, REAL FAST. It has a lot of power, but it's a race ski. It's not designed to go out and do 360's all day long. Those twin pipes and setup are not too forgiving when water enters the motor. Plus, you have to do some major wrenching every 20+/- hours just for maintenance (**** twin pipes). If you wanna race, the RXX is a good boat. If you wanna play, I would pick something a little more forgiving.

The 96xp would be a nice step up for you, similar hull to your 94xp but A LOT more power. Motor is reliable and the fun factor is pretty high. Those little hulls can launch out of the water pretty well.

Another option would be an XPL. Those are a little bigger, stronger and teh fun factor is pretty good too. You will have to get used to riding a little higher in the water, but after a few hours, it shouldn't be a problem.
      Dan Solie -
      04 RXP (the "Instigator")
      94 xp (freestyle mods)
      95 xp (faster than the 94)
      JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

You want something powerful that jumps well, tosses well, and is fun as hell to ride?

I think you need a Superjet or an SXR.

Comment

you're mechanic is smart. 96 xp. if u want to jump and have a blast on the water. thats it. just like ur 94 but w/ an engine about 6 times the power.

Comment

I would Go with dsolies advice all the way, as for the guy bashing the seadoo's... of course your only go to hear about problems on forums...thats one of there major intended purposes to help people with problems. In the stock form I have had zero problems with any seadoos. The problems only begin when you start cranking up the rpm's and compression. Keep in mind though EVERY company has "lemons". And a used ski is ussualy only as good as its previous owner and his maintanece routines.
            My rides:
            1995 Kawasaki Zxi 900
            Beach house sponsons, OP ride plate/Intake grate and an R&D scoop grate for ocean Swirl Impeller.
            1999 xp limited (just got it Mods in progress)
            Decked 1996 Seadoo HX (cya at the races)
            1995 Seadoo SP x 2 (ones a parts boat)
            1990 Seadoo GT
            1991 Kawasaki 550 sx Stand up
            Intake grate, Ride plate, Impellers, custom paint job, and other goodies
            Riding Spots:
            Lakes and ocean in washington state and California

Comment

Yeh id listen to swiftman he's profile says hes 16 so he would no everything there is to no.Also if you look at the number of threads on the forum you will see seadoo is about to crack the 9000 mark closest one next to it yamaha @ 3132 i dont no if there have been **** loads more seadoos sold but those figures must tell you something...

Comment

Rad, as far as Swift being 16... That has NOTHING to do with it. I race with a guy who is 17, he knows more about these two strokes than most of the people I personally know. Also, don't forget, swift is 16, so he is our future of this sport, racing, wrenching as well as being an ambassador.

Another point... Yes, seadoo's break. ALL brands break. Do seadoos break more often? Sure! Does this mean they are a POS? Nope! I am proud to see 9000 posts in the seadoo forum compared to yamaha. All that tells me is that people are getting their hands dirty and actually LEARNING about these machines. Enough of the dealers getting our $$ for repairs that we can all do. I applaud the people who are curious enough to learn about the machines they have. Please also take into account that, in general, seadoo's are easier to diagnose and repair than other brands. The bolt locations are usually more wrench friendly, as well as the apparent technical abundance found in our 9000 + post forum.

There is enough tech help here on this site that you can do anything you want, and have people here to support, sway or whatnot your decision.

To all out there, keep on asking questions and wrenching. regardless of the brand, be proud of your ski and envious of other.
                Dan Solie -
                94 xp (freestyle mods)

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

Swift... As far as the seadoo bashing, well.....That's just Matt... You'll meet him at the races this year. He is.... well....ummm.. kinda unique lol! Sup Matt! get that gas tank I sent ya?
                  Dan Solie -
                  94 xp (freestyle mods)

Comment

Im not saying I would know everything far from it... but my family has had jet-skis since I was seven, I grew up with them. During the summers I ride six days a week and still go to work. I buy all the stuff for my ski's by my self I work an average of 30 hours a week and make 16.50 an hour, I save all my money and spend it on pwc's. I have bought the zxi 900, the xp limited, and the HX by MYSELF in the last year. I do all of the work, modifications and maintanence from my fathers garage. I am learning new things everyday and just wish to spread what I have learned. I comment on the the reliability of modded motors because thats what i do...We do not own any bone stock ski's besides for the GT which only has an impeller (doesn't count) Whille they were stock we experianced no problems with them. My family has raced stock cars for three generations, Motors are almost in my blood.
                    My rides:
                    1995 Kawasaki Zxi 900
                    Beach house sponsons, OP ride plate/Intake grate and an R&D scoop grate for ocean Swirl Impeller.
                    1999 xp limited (just got it Mods in progress)
                    Decked 1996 Seadoo HX (cya at the races)
                    1995 Seadoo SP x 2 (ones a parts boat)
                    1990 Seadoo GT
                    1991 Kawasaki 550 sx Stand up
                    Intake grate, Ride plate, Impellers, custom paint job, and other goodies
                    Riding Spots:
                    Lakes and ocean in washington state and California

Comment

Leaning toward the 96 XP.......anyone else on the RXX

Comment

Ahh i love it,stir the pot and you all bite.I love americans........

Comment

Originally posted by dsolie
                          Swift... As far as the seadoo bashing, well.....That's just Matt... You'll meet him at the races this year. He is.... well....ummm.. kinda unique lol! Sup Matt! get that gas tank I sent ya?
                          I sure did..thanks buddy!

But I think you got me mixed up with that Seadoo bashing...I don't believe I did that.
                          I merely suggested to get a standup ski for the guy that wants something small with power and lots of jumpability....wouldn't you agree?

Comment

Without a doubt I agree... But I am getting pretty good with a 180 nose stab on the "VTS hop" on my 94xp. Almost got a nose stab into a sub down too on a 96xp... You can throw around any ski, it all depends on your balance, guts and ability to swim.

But... Enough of this useless thread hijacking!!!

Anybody else have any comment that can help this guy? :beer
                            Dan Solie -
                            94 xp (freestyle mods)

Comment

amen kermit, lol. I have a big decision to make:emoticonc . Now I found a 95 XP800 limited edition..........................so it still stands...do I get the rxx(the bolt tightening thing sounds bad) or the 96 XP. Maybe this will help...I mainly ride on the Mississippi river and chase barges, the waves they put off are huge and my 94XP does not have the rocket power I need..........thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X