Engine Rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine Rebuild

Hi I just rebuild my 717 with new pistons and I just want to know if there is a particular procedure before starting it . And one more thing, I had to remove the magneto in order to paint some parts, How critical is the timming (I mean spark advance ) because I just put it back more or less in the center of the screw holes. Help is appreciated.

Thanks

Frey

Re: Engine Rebuild

There are tic marks on both the cases and the stator assembly that need to be aligned when installing the stator assembly. This sets the ignition timing.

Just make sure you have oil in the oil tank or premix gas before you start the motor. A 100 to 1 premix is not a bad idea if you have oil injection.
    Bill O'Neal <br>
    WCM
    <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Thanks.

Aprox where are those marks ? One more things , my rotary valve should be at 147 deegrees. Do you know where I can find link to a site on the procedure ? I guess I did it right but jus want to make sure.

Thanks

Comment

I believe the RV timing is covered in the installation instructions and here in the tech section too.

The marks are on the stator plate where the left hand bolt of the three mounting bolts goes. The one on the case is right by where the two case halves join together.
        Bill O'Neal <br>
        WCM
        <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Freyfer-see the technical articles section....I went through all the same things a few months ago when i rebuilt my 717. Make sure everything is correct before you start it up and it is usually a good idea to pour some premixed fuel/oil into the carb intake ports to start it up. There is a lot of info on all you need to know in the forum's. Have fun:emoticont

Comment

Working...
          X