This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I wasting my time?

okay, I have a 90 sp with motor problems..it got me through last summer, so this summer I was looking forward to getting a newer used ski..I thought lately since I love my sp(cuz some of the tricks that I can do etc...)maybe its worth just dropping in a new motor instead of rebuilding it(not that mecanically inclined) and spending some of the extra money that I "might" have left over and sticking it into performace parts(new impeller, ride plate, etc...) is it hard to just take out a motor and drop in a new one? or should I start looking for a new one?

Re: Am I wasting my time?

Just call SBT. They have motors ready to exchange and they have excellent installation instructions that almost anyone could follow easily.
    Bill O'Neal <br>
    WCM
    <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

okay, thanks for the help...Is there anything else I should be thinking about(maybe...I know its early in the year but I want to have a ski ready so I can start using it as soon as it gets warm out!)?

Comment

Yes, make sure the driveshaft bearing and seals are in good condition, as well as the wear ring, impellor and bearings and seals in the pump.
        Bill O'Neal <br>
        WCM
        <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

The SBT Forums are for SBT Product Support ONLY. For all general PWC support/discussion, please post on www.pwctoday.com.

Thank you - SBT Mgt.
          SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
          We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
          Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
          X