X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel problem question(s)

Acquired a '94 GTX for FREE. :emoticont

Started out with the manual and a box that contained the components to the flame arrestor. Being a do-it-myself-er, I took on the task of:

1) Replacing the battery
    2) Replacing the plugs
    3) Assembing the flame arrestor

This machine sat unattended for approximately 2 years and just needed some TLC. I managed to get it running in around 5 hours and it blew tons of white smoke and was very difficult to keep running without modulating/fanagling the throttle and choke. I figured the fuel could possibly be lacquered so I dropped in a gallon of premium and some octane booster to dilute the potentially "sour" fuel.

This may not be a recommended procedure BUT it worked and I was able to keep the machine running with much less fanagling of the choke and/or the throttle. It also didn't explode or melt so I assume I didn't destroy the machine.

Here is the deal... when I get it in the water under load it runs for around 10 seconds and dies. It loses power almost immediately and tweaking the throttle and choke doesn't seem to have any effect. It resemebles a fuel filter problem in an automobile. So... Is this a carb problem or do I need to check the fuel line/filters for sediment? Should I dump the fuel and reload?

I know that sometimes in forums certain questions are already answered so if you can point me to an existing topic, my apologies for posting this AGAIN and thanks!

Re: Fuel problem question(s)

The SBT Forums are for SBT Product Support ONLY. For all general PWC support/discussion, please post on www.pwctoday.com.

Thank you - SBT Mgt.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
    X