This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No antifreeze in motor this year

I dont know if this is the right place for this or not but was hoping some of you could help me out. I live in upstate NY where it gets very cold in the winter time. I only ran my 02 RX a couple times this summer, each time running the motor for a bit when I take it out of the water to get it out of the cooling. I did this again at the end of the season, added fuel stabilizer and sprayed the fogging oil into the cylinders. I did not however flush anti-freeze into it. Am I safe? Or am I going to be calling you guys up to buy a new motor. I do have the 4 year warranty on the ski, which is up end of this year...didnt know if that would be covered or not. I havnt even looked at it yet, its been in my garage all winter covered up. What are some things I should look for before even attempting to start it back up? Thanks in advance everyone.

Re: No antifreeze in motor this year

Sounds like you should be ok. I have done the same and it always started.

Comment

If it sat in your garage all winter you should be ok. If it sits outside I would definitely do it in the future. I had the same thing this year. Ran out of time before heading back to school so they only got fogged and stuck in the garage.

Comment

In a Garage???? Is the garage attached to the house? If so, I wouldn't worry a bit. If it was a stand alone garage then I would say that you have as good of a chance as if it sat outside, minus the elements.

I live where it freezes so I wouldn't chance it, and have only had my ski a short time.

You are probably fine though

Comment

Working...
        X