This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• grey/black oil out of exhaust

i have a 94 seadoo spx 650 had a seadoo crate motor instaled last season used it about 12 hrs then had it winterized...i went to start it up for the first time yesterday an there is some blk/gery oil coming out exhaust!!.....could this be from the fogging oil,water, or condensation building up over winter...seems to me the crank seals wouldnt go bad that quick? ...thanks

Re: grey/black oil out of exhaust

did you get it started??

sounds like without seeing it its condensation mixed with the fogging oil... im sure someone on here can give a better answer..

chris

Comment

I am having the same problem with my 1997 challenger (single 110hp, 787 engine). It has the original engine in it. I correctly winterized it and had it stored in a garage all winter. When I started it up a few weeks ago to flush out the remaining anti-freeze, I noticed the water coming out ran green for a while (anti-freeze), then turned a black color. I ran it on the hose for a good 4 minutes and it continued. I let the engine cool and did it again for another 4 minutes the next day. The water just got darker black the more it ran. It’s like black gravy coming out of the exhaust! I did fog the engine, but I had to believe this was more than just the fogging oil coming out.

I took it to my local Sea-Doo dealer yesterday in Denver. They suspect a gasket has “pinched” out, but they can’t be sure until the open up the top end of the engine. They have seen this before and said it was common with this engine. They are going to call me later this week with an estimate. This is the first major problem I have ever had with this boat. I am looking for help to make sure I don’t get ripped off. I am also thinking I may be able to do some of the repairs myself if I understand what is involved. The dealer says it could cost me around $500 (best case) and up to $3000 (worst case). Any additional information would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

The SBT Forums are for SBT Product Support ONLY. For all general PWC support/discussion, please post on www.pwctoday.com.

Thank you - SBT Mgt.
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
        X