This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carb Question

I just purchased a replacement engine from SBT and was planning on rebuilding my carbs as well. However, when I took the carbs apart, they are basically trashed. They have been sitting around and corroded to the point of no return. I purchased a used set of carbs, but they don't line up with my intake manifold. My question is that if I get the intake mainifold for these carbs, will it fit on my motor? How interchangable are the intake manifolds with other engines?

I have a 95 gtx 657x engine. I believe the carbs came off of a 94 gtx or gt 657 engine. Not exacly sure, but I'm sure they don't line up with my intake.

Will the white intakes line up with the white engines? Is it that simple?

Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Carb Question

You simply need to get the correct carbs in the first place.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

There is no doubt that swapping out the same part is the correct way to go, but I'm looking to see if I can salvage this situation.

I didn't know the carbs for the 657 and 675x were different. Now that I have the 'wrong' carbs, will they work if I get the rest of the intake parts from the same motor? I guess, more specifically, will the rotary valve cover from a 94 657 fit on a 95 657X?

Thanks again.

Comment

I'm not 100% sure. Ask on www.pwctoday.com, this forum is for SBT support only.
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
        X