Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 951 carb help

Hey guys,

I am installing my 3Rd sbt motor...This is actually a fun hobby... This motor went in the 1999 GTX Limited seadoo that burned out last season. You may recall me mentioning the ski that sat in the shop 3 months...Well they forgot to reinstall the oil pump coupler that connects to the nut on the fly wheel, so the engine was toast! Today I finished installing the new sbt motor. When I started it for the first time, it fired right up and then seemed to "Run Away" It revved to about 5,000 RPMs so I shut it down, waited a minute for the motor to cool, and tried it again. Same thing. I know the mechanic had been playing with carbs, and I think I need to adjust the idle stop screw, but I can't tell which one that is... the carbs on the 99 gtx are partially hidden by the exhaust pipe. There are two screws visible. Once on the front carb looks like it might be the one I want, and then there is the one on the back carb that l think is a low speed adjustment.

I don't want to mess this up and I can't see the bottom of the carbs where the cable actually connects. plus this is a twin carb set Are there two stop screws or just one? Which screw do i need to adjust? I have included two photos to show you what I see as reference.

Thanks for the help.
    Attached Files
    See you on the water!

Re: 951 carb help

Idle screws are always right where the throttle cable meets the carb bracket and is secured by two 10mm nuts. It has a large tee handle on it, not to be confused with the tee handle screws built into the side of each carb for the low speed mixture adjustment.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Cool,

So what I am looking at are the low speed screws, right? Which brings up my next question...What is the best way to get to the stop screw? It looks like I have to take the breather box off and then do it by feel. Do you have any suggestiions.

Thanks
      See you on the water!

Comment

Yep, just grab the throttle cable and follow it down...
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
        X