SBT Product Support Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SBT Product Support Needed

This is my second post. My first post was replied to saying this forum is for SBT product support only. After talking to my buddy this morning, i have learned that i do indeed need some SBT product support. He bought a seadoo 787 from SBT about 8 months ago, installed the motor himself, and has not started since. He bought the $799 one, not the RFI $899 one. Once again, please help me.

Re: SBT Product Support Needed

What exactly is the problem?
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

My buddy blew the original motor in his 1997 challenger 1800. he bought a replacedment for $799 from SBT. he installed the motor himself, and it has not started up since. here is what i have tried since i have had the boat: it is getting good spark, it passed the compression tests, i know it is getting gas into the carbs, and that is about it. the battery has a good charge. i tried to pour a little bit of fuel down into the carbs, and after about 3 or 4 rotations, is spit a little fire ball back out of the front carb. it will never spit anything out of the aft carb. please help!

Comment

Most likely the rotary valve is mis-timed, who did the time and install of it? Was a degree wheel used? The instructions show how to time it, they are also available here in the tech article section.

Comment

he said it was timed by San Diego's House of Motorcycles, but when i called them and asked if they used a timing wheel they said they usually just use the marks on the castings. i will time it using the guide, and will let you know how it goes. i guess i should also check the gap while i am in there too, right?

Comment

If they gave you an answer like that, you need to check everything - and use a proper PWC mechanic from now on.

Comment

Working...
            X