Stator timing??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stator timing??

ok Bill told me that these need to be timed in order for correct timing on spark. This could be why my ski has no power. I realized in the sbt instructions, that it says nothing about timing the stator, but simply to reinstall it. I"m pretty sure that my rotary valve is timed correctly, but this might not be. Is there instructions somewhere or an explination I can get in order to get this timed correctly??

Re: Stator timing??

No, it would not cause a big lack of power, even if was as far off as possible. Here's how to set the base timing, if you didn't notice the alignment marks when you installed it. http://www.sbtontheweb.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13968
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

well, My engine lacks power it bogs and takes a bit to get up to speed. I was told the ignition could be off because of the stator. What else should I look at? The carbs have been rebuilt.

Comment

What is the history of the ski? When did you put the new engine in, what other repairs were done and by whom, what was the cause of the original engine failure, etc.?

Comment

I put the motor in end of last summer. THe dealer who tore my old one down said it was just wear and tear falure, the bottom end came apart. I had the carbs rebuilt, and the oil pump bench tested and it checked out. MY next step I suppose would be to replace all fuel lines. I had the ski in the water twice. IT starts idles perfectly, and runs, but lacks out of the hole power and slow to get up to speed at times. once its up to speed its ok, but really lacks the power in comparison to my other 94. Maybe the motor wasn't perfect when I got it I dunno, but the warrenty was only a year, so I"m kinda screwed there.

Comment

Well, without knowing exactly what was done to the carbs, I can't say if they are rebuilt correctly or not - and you very well may have other fuel system issues, you'll need to go through it all. Usually those symtoms indicate a fuel system problem though.

Also - bottom ends do NOT just 'come apart' from wear and tear.

Comment

Working...
            X