One more time - 97GSX no start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: One more time - 97GSX no start

Also in Texas. I am south of Houston near the coast. Anywhere close to you?

One other question about the motor. Other than having an over-torqued or bent crank, the only other thing that I can think that would bind up the motor would be the rotary valve. Mine is in great shape, not scored or anything. Is there any way that it could bind up unless it was bent? I'm grasping at straws here.

Xerskine

Comment

Hi. lake Livingston.

Did you try the WD40 ? and how hard is it to turn by hand

Comment

I did try the WD-40. No go. As for how hard to turn by hand.... I don't have much to compare to. It isn't easy to turn by hand, but I can get it to go around with out too much trouble. I am having a lot of trouble believing that I have two bad starters, both giving the same symptoms. The flywheel is in beautifully and the starter(s) engages just fine. It doesn't look like it is binding at all.

I have not heard another reply from SBT, but I am curious about what else a dealer could do that I haven't already done, besides starting to take the engine apart.

Xerskine

Comment

A dealer or other experienced shop can see whatever it is you are missing. If it turns by hand, it's nothing internal.
          SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
          We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
          Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Go on the PWCToday.com forum and ask Bill O'Neil:)

He seems like the one true Sea-doo God:)jk

Comment

I've been out of town for a week and just now got back to work on the ski. It turns out that the problem was not just one, but several. First, the starter was bad. When I pulled the starter out and began working to fix that, I removed the wiring (ground and positive). From that point, I used jumper cables to go to the battery. The jumper cables turned out to be bad. A lot of heartache over bad jumper cables. When I was trying to go through what could possibly be wrong (after the new starter was installed), I pulled everything off except the starter. When it still didn't work, I had to think outside the ski. The only two things outside the ski were the battery and the jumpers. I was by now using my car battery which I knew was good. I borrowed another pair of jumpers and everything turned over fine.

Now to put it back together and get the ski in the water! Thanks for all the suggestions and sorry for the overt frustration.

xerskine

Comment

Working...
              X