Another Rave Question!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Rave Question!

Have conducted a search and didn't find exactly what I was looking for. Purchased an engine from SBT and am pleased to say that I have had a good experience. However, was doing a "Post breakin" inspection of the engine and noticed something about the RAVES that didn't seem normal to me. With the engine offline, I removed the RAVE caps and springs to find that both valve were down completely and will not budge. I've tried pulling them up, but they didn't budge the slightest bit. Also noticed a little bit of oil seapage coming out of the diaphram lip on the RAVE bellow. Are these normal conditions? Prior to engine assembly I could easily move them freely. I would think that I would have more bottom end if they stayed shut and lose top end, however it seems like my holeshot is not what it should be, and my "Tiny Tach" reads 6840 rpms WOT. Is this the expected peak RPM? I also have a Concord 15/23 impeller by the way. Please let me reinterate that I have had an excellent experience with your tech support and product. I just feel it's necessary to double check these things and make sure they are in spec. Thanks in advance,
    -Brian
    PS> I keep them at "flush" setting.
    Last edited by 1stressdmofo; 07-25-2006, 10:17 PM.

Re: Another Rave Question!

Anyone?

Comment

I don't know what your performance or top RPMs are going to be or should be with that non-stock impeller. Remove the two bolts securing the rave housings to the cylinders and inspect them, see why they are stuck.
      SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
      We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
      Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Ok. Yeah that was my next step. Just wanted to make sure that this was not a normal condition. Haven't had the chance to look in the manual yet as I am in the Navy as an engineer and have been busy on the ship working in the plants.

Thanks.

Comment

Thats not bad rpms for a stock ski, especially if the rave valves are not opening, which I doubt. Recheck them.

Comment

well like I said they are shut tight when the engine is offline. can't get them to even budge when trying to pull with my fingers. plus they are leaking oil goo from the bellow lips.

Comment

Yeh, somethings wrong, even when they're gummed up, you should be able to pull them up. Like tech said, take the two screws out and remove the whole assy. You'll find the problem. Also i little oil seapage is normal.

:beer

Comment

Ok man... will check it out. Will post my findings.

Comment

Working...
                X