This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust Manifold

Hello all, i'm new here so plz try and hang with me while i try and explain my situation, i'm looking at doing a little trade for a 1995 Seadoo Xp with the Rotax 72 cc engine . Okay now i've told ya what i'm lookin at heres the problem with it , the bolts that hold the exhaust onto the manifold broke , the machine obviously lost all power , it belongs to my work partners sons friend, so my friend decided he could fix it , he was able to remove all the broken studs from the manifold ( i hope thats the manifold anyway) and sent the kid who owned it off to get new bolts , problem is rather then go to the dealer where he would have received the right strength bolt he went to an automotive store and they gave him grade 2 bolts , i'm sure they had no clue what he was using them for nor did he probably even tell them , anyway to make a long story short my friend put the bolts in (guess he never checked for the grade pattern on the bolts either) re-tightened everything down , i'm sure not to torque specs either , you know whats coming next , lol, they broke again , before they broke the machine ran like a rapped ape , the problem now is the kid that owned it tried removing the bolts had trouble with one of them and has drilled one bolt out , the hole is a little bit angled because it had to be one that was next to the body of the seadoo and they had trouble getting the drill in , my friend seems to think with a right angle drill we can clean the hole up and install a heli coil to give us new threads , i guess my overall question here is this , is there anything else they may have caused these bolts to break such has heat or vibration , what can i check , my friend did put a wrench on a cpl of blots inside the engine area that he said he was able to snug up , i do have a photo of the area in question , i'm not sure how to post it here but would gladly email it for anyone to look at........ if i need more photos i can get them , Help Plz summers gonna be gone up here soon!!!! LOL

Re: Exhaust Manifold

The SBT Forums are for SBT Product Support ONLY. For all general PWC support/discussion, please post on www.pwctoday.com.

Thank you - SBT Mgt.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
    X