Rotary valve gear replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rotary valve gear replacement

Before I order this gear, I need to know what usually goes along with replacing this gear so that I don't get into it only to find I need other parts to finish.

thanks,
    Rob
    '94 raider 700S
    The question is........Who's the hottie on the main page?

Re: Rotary valve gear replacement

We never recommend just doing the gear. When the gear strips, the shaft is almost without fail, bent as well. I suggest getting a whole roatry shaft assembly. Other than that, it's just cleaning out the debris from your engine and changing your oil and filter.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Okay.....thanks. I may have to wait a week or two if I need the shaft and gear.....

What do you mean change the oil and filter?
      '94 raider 700S

Comment

I mean change the oil and filter - it gets contaminated from all the brass shavings.

Comment

I'm assuming there was a filter in-line somewhere. Therein lies the problem and a glimpse into what has happened. My buddy was all gung-ho about converting to premix in which he applied the Yamaha method to my Sea Doo. I had no friggin' idea what he was doing b/c I didn't know anything about pwc's..........he says he does.
          He proceeded to eliminate all the lines and hoses, pulled the oil res. out and threw it all away. The next day I printed off the instructions from SBT's site b/c I wasn't comfortable with not knowing what he was doing. I went back over there the next day and pulled my tank and anything else I could find out of the trash. However, I failed to read close enough and did not connect the top oiling hose ( but the bottom one is)...hence the failure of the gear.

So with that said, there is no filter, no pump, no stock lines and 3/4 tank of premix b/c it only took maybe 30 minutes of actual riding time to fail.

Does SBT sell filters? - I couldn't find it. I'm kind of thinking of installing a new pump and going back to injection............it's a disaster!!
          '94 raider 700S

Comment

The filter went to the pump, so you don't need it now. Just get your tank and the large case lines connected and filled.

Comment

Can you tell me the best method for cleaning the case? I'll be taking the engine out so I'll have better access for cleaning.

thanks,
              Rob
              '94 raider 700S

Comment

Take it all apart, use parts washer.

Comment

Working...
                X